Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Let's Play: Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Episode 1

So who remembers the last time I talked about Sir, You Are Being Hunted? Don't feel bad if you don't remember, it was a long time ago. I only mention it because, in that particular article, I told my dear readers (all... what, five of them?) that I was planning on doing a Let's Play series of me playing through Sir, You Are Being Hunted. But that article came out in July of 2013 and really showcases how lazy I have been in regards to this whole YouTube thing.

But no more! You will all be happy to know that I am finally fulfilling my promise and have released the first episode of my Let's Play for what I affectionately call SYABH. I'll include the video below:



I'm excited to continue this series; I think this game has a lot of potential for longevity. Mostly because I am absolutely atrocious at it, but also because it's a lot of fun! I already have the next two episodes lined up, with more content to come very soon.

One issue that I've come across that is not readily apparent when you first get started with recording for YouTube is what sort of style you want to convey in your videos. This mostly pertains to editing: do you want to be someone who uses lots of raw footage and tries to make it as entertaining as possible through commentary or do you add flairs of editing and chop up the video to create the most engaging videos? It was something that I had considered quite a bit leading into this endeavour but it really struck home last night as I was editing the second episode of this Let's Play.

Talking it over with my fiancé and some friends, they leaned towards the editing side of things, but I always reference back to the videos that I usually watch and most of them are actually raw footage. That being said, there are a few that are edited quite heavily and, usually, those are the ones that stick in my head for long periods of time. It's a tough balance to strike, for sure.

If you have any thoughts on that, please leave a comment below and let me know. It's still early days so I'll be toying around with a lot of things in my videos, but I'm excited to continue this journey. Thanks to all who are supporting me in this journey, and I look forward to the next time we meet. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Do so below!